- Untitled | Limited Edition | Project
- Sống | Limited Edition | Project
- Monobloc | Limited Edition & Book | Project
- Bloody Chunks | Exhibition & Limited Edition | Project
- The Kon Tum Girls | Project
- McDonalds Land In Việt Nam | Project
- Tweet Freedom Pre-Revolution | Wired Magazine
- Wiring Africa and The Pirates | Wired Magazine
- Marou faiseurs de chocolat | Commission
- Unicef Việt Nam | NGO
- Unicef India | NGO
- Phú Thọ Race Track Việt Nam | Project
- Cover Art | Rice Creative | Commission
- Sabotage Singapore | Shanghai Rappers | Editorial
- Marilyn Manson & Eminem Fans | Editorial
- German Goths & SuicideGirls | Editorial
- Are You Experienced? | Project
- Artists | Commissioned
- Sài Gòn Metal | Project
- Wandering’s | Wondering in OZ | Project
- ‘No Fit State’ | Commissioned
- Prints | 1999-2004 | Project
Neil Massey is a British Documentary Photographer currently based in Saigon, Vietnam. Before relocating to Asia he lived in London, where he worked as a editorial photographer specialising in music and youth sub-cultures. A recurring theme and subject which he has been revisiting ever since. Whilst living in Vietnam, he has been working on long-term photographic projects. Neil is “interested in cutting through the veneer and showing Modern Vietnam - in all its raw, unadulterated beauty”, focusing on the country's young demographic and the effects of the Vietnam's rapid growth on its people and environment.
* May 2015 | Neil's Music and Youth Culture body of work is featured by
* March 2015 | Neil becomes contributor
Exhibition & Awards
* October 2014 | "Bloody Chunks" Solo Photography Show at Antiques Street Gallery, Saigon, Vietnam.
* January 2014 | Neil wins 1st Prize in the NY Magazine - PDN Music Moments Contest with a selection of photographs from a personal project 'Bloody Chunks' about the Vietnamese underground metal scene, about a small but dedicated hard core of individuals creating death / grindcore / brutal and raw black metal music for an equally spirited group of aficionados.
* July 2014 | Bloody Chunks is shortlisted for the Fotofilmic (Canada) 2014 Global competition. Fotofilmic is a film photography publication and curation platform dedicated to photographers working with film as a medium.
* December 2013 | Neil embarked on a long-term photo project with Unicef Vietnam, documenting Unicef's essential work which includes the supply of clean water and immunisations for disadvantaged children in the Mekong Delta. In Vietnam's central highlands Neil photographed Unicef's work with the ethnic minority communities, children who are suffering from severe acute malnutrition and other preventable symptoms. This series of photos resulted in a book and exhibition at Unicef's Zero Awards Gala Dinner in Saigon, Vietnam.
Limited Edition Prints
For further information contact Neil's studio direct at